RH002 3 Reasons Not to Retire Early and a Blonde Ale from Hangar 24
This will be the final Retire Hoppy podcast episode that is included in the Retirement Journeys podcast feed and posted on RetirementJourneys.com. To continue to receive Retire Hoppy podcasts, you can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or your favorite android app. Links can be found on RetireHoppy.com Subscribe. You can also listen to podcasts there. Thank you.
Segment 1 – Retirement
- Roy has no regrets about retiring early. The best part about it is that you get to enjoy life.
- Ted and his wife decided to retire early because of seeing friends experience serious health issues.
- 3 Reasons Not to Retire Early
- If you retire early, you’ll reduce your Social Security benefits
- You’ll have a shorter retirement to fund (few years)
- You may get bored (too much leisure time)
Segment 2 – Beer
- Top rating services are Rate Beer, Beer Advocate and Untappd
- AB InBev now owns a portion of Rate Beer which raises several concerns such as conflict of interest and personal data security
- Beer Advocate’s ratings follow the criteria set by the Beer Judge Certification Program
- 6% to appearance
- 24% to aroma
- 40% to taste
- 10% to mouth feel
- 20% to “overall”
- Untappd is more of a social media experience
- Blonde Ales are very balanced, low alcohol. They’re a great choice to introduce people to the world of craft beer.
- We taste 24 Blonde Ale from Hangar 24 of Redlands CA
- ABV = 4.7%
- IBU = 14
- Somewhat hazy and cloudy in appearance
- Color is deep gold, thin head
- Sweet aroma but not as much as the Weinstephaner wheat beer
- Roy says it tastes woody
- Average mouth feel
- Hangar 24 is only available in Southern CA, NV and AZ
- Our “favorite” name for a Blonde Ale is Lemon Meringue Pie from Funky Buddha of Boca Raton, FL