Recap and Highlights
My conversation with Roy was recorded on February 10, 2015. In it we discuss the habits he followed that enabled him to retire early and debt free, the example his parents provided that led him to acquire those habits, his use of a financial planner, the role of Social Security and the activities that he enjoys which help facilitate a happy retirement life.
- the shock of encountering high credit card interest
- his father’s unusual savings techniques
- obtaining the services of a financial planner by volunteering to have his financial affairs x-rayed in the local newspaper
- how annuities and Social Security factor into his plans
- his passion for all things audio including broadcasting for Sun Sounds of AZ, playing and recording music and race announcing
- how the lure of beer led him to start running
References and Links
To see a photo of Roy and to check out Royz Stuff including his music, dog and running go to: RKWeinberg.net
To learn more about Roy’s race announcing check out: Royzraceannouncing.net
To read my post on my Identity Crisis, Click Here.
To read my post about when to take Social Security benefits, Click Here.
To learn more about Roy’s Financial Planner and the process that they followed, Click Here.