Recap and Highlights
- My first solo podcast!
- Went with a topic on the lighter side
- Once someone is retired, is travel simply part of their lifestyle or can some go on vacation?
- This question came up during our drive to Flagstaff AZ for a week
- I felt like I was going on vacation and my wife considers travel to be part of her retirement lifestyle
- I may be the only person who has ever thought about whether travel after retirement can be a vacation or is by default just part of the retirement lifestyle
- Flagstaff is a great place with lots to see and do including near-by National Parks and Monuments, plenty of hiking and a vibrant downtown with good shopping and restaurants
- Just like in podcast RJ 004 where Dave Bernard said that “you get to define what success is in retirement”, I extend that to “you get to set and apply the rules” when it comes to travel in retirement
- Therefore is it not a contradiction when I say that I am on vacation and my wife is not
- The most important point is to enjoy your travels together!
Additional References and Links